Main Jazz Course
"Somehow, being away from home frees you up from the usual hangups about your own playing and makes you more willing to experiment. I learnt a lot of important principles here that stay with me today. Burned into my memory are visions of late night jams and french wine."
This course is for instrumentalists and singers of all levels of experience.
Dates: Friday 11th - Friday 18th August &/or Friday 18th - 25th August 2017
Tutors: 11 - 18 August: - Liane Carroll, Simon Purcell, Julian Siegel
Tutors: 18 - 25 August: - Omar Puente, Simon Purcell, Julian Siegel
To develop your performance and understanding of jazz with special emphasis on playing with others and as part of an ensemble.
- small group workshops
- large group & big band workshops
- specialist instrument workshops for singers, pianists, rhythm section and front-line players.
- daily performance of workshop material
- performances by the tutors and participants in the evening club
- student-led group rehearsals and performance
- final night concert to the public