International Cuban Music School Course Details
The International Cuban Music Course is open to players of all instruments and singers of all experience levels. We also welcome non-players who would like to join our musical experience.
"Must be the benchmark for all Jazz courses - sixteen years experience shows!""
Date: 3rd - 10th Feb. 2018 - to be confirmed
Course Director: Clive Fenner
Course Tutor: Omar Puente
(For more information on Omar Puente visit www.omarpuente.com
An introduction to performing Cuban music - especially 'Son'
• the history of Cuban music
• an introduction to key styles of Cuban music
• rhythm in Cuban music - for all instruments and singers
• harmony in Cuban music
• song form and structure in Cuban music
• singing in Cuban music
• improvisation in Cuban music
• performing Cuban music
Activities will include
• pre-course listening and playing
• small group workshops
• specialist instrument workshops for percussion, voice, piano, front-line
• evening performances and 'jam'
• end of week performance
• visits to top music venues in Havana
• time to visit Havana and beyond